PREP: 15 MINS
Cook: 1 HR, 20 MINS
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 aubergines, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp rose harissa paste
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 250g pouch cooked puy lentils
- 100g pitted green olives
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1.3kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the aubergines for 10-15 mins until golden and softened. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Fry the onions with the remaining oil for 7-10 mins or until softened. Add the garlic, 1 tbsp of the harissa and the coriander and cook for 1 min more. Return the aubergines to the pan with the tomatoes, lentils, olives and a can of water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 mins. Season, then stir through the parsley.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a large pan of boiling lightly salted water for 15 mins. Drain and leave to steam-dry, then mash and stir through the remaining harissa. Spoon the aubergine filling into a large baking dish, scatter over half the feta and spoon over the potatoes. Scatter the remaining feta over the pie.
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Grill the pie for 7-10 mins or until the top is crisp and golden. To freeze, leave to cool completely before portioning out into small freezer-proof containers.